Information for private landlords about Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction

If you are registered to use the Landlord Portal you will be able to see your payment schedules and details of benefit claims linked to you for payment. For more information on this please see our How to Set Up and Use the Landlord Portal page.

Residents of Southend will receive help with their rent via housing costs paid in their Universal Credit payment unless:

  • they are a single person of pension age
  • they are a couple both over pension age
  • they are living in a property where they receive support from the landlord or an agency on behalf of the landlord
  • they are living in temporary accommodation housed by Southend-on-Sea City Council

If they fall into one of the categories above then they will continue to claim Housing Benefit for help with their rent.

To find out more information as to how Universal Credit works, including the qualifying criteria see our what is Universal Credit page.

You can also get information by visiting the Universal Credit area on the GOV.UK website.

Contact Benefits

Telephone: 01702 215001

Go to top