Fraud and other money related crimes like theft, bribery and hiding money from crime cost us all a lot of pounds each year.
If you suspect someone is committing fraud, you should tell us.
Benefit fraud is investigated by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Tell them if you think someone is doing this. You can telephone them on 0800 854 440 or contact them at the GOV.UK website.
Other types of fraud
There are lots of types of fraud that effect the council. You should tell us if you think someone is committing any of the following:
- housing tenancy fraud
- council tax fraud
- business rates fraud
- Blue Badge fraud for disabled parking
- social care fraud
- insurance fraud
- council workers or someone working with the Council doing fraud or taking money for things they shouldn't
- trying to hide or use money from crime
We will stop anyone who is doing these types of crime against us.
- Counter Fraud Bribery and Corruption Policy and Strategy
- Counter Money Laundering Policy and Strategy
You can tell us about fraud (but not benefit fraud) using our online form.
You do not have to give us your name when you tell us about fraud.
You can also write to us at:Counter fraud and investigation
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
You can tell us by calling 01702 215254
You can email us at [email protected]
Useful Contacts - Fraud
Report Line 24 hours a day - 01702 215215