What photo ID will be accepted on polling day?
On polling day you will need to bring one form of the follwoing Photo ID to the polling station to be able to get your ballot paper to vote.
If you do not bring photo ID to the polling station you will not be able to vote.
Whatever form of ID you bring it must be the original, no copies will be accepted.
You can bring one of the forms of ID listed even if it has expired. For example, if you have a passport or driving license which has expired you can still use this - as long as your photo is still a good likeness.
If you have any questions about the suitability of your photographic ID, please contact electoral services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01702 215010.
List of accepted forms of photographic identification
You’ll need one of the following types of photo ID to vote:
- a UK or Northern Ireland photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
- a driving licence issued by the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, the Isle of Man or any of the Channel Islands
- a UK passport
- a passport issued by the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or a Commonwealth country
- a PASS card (National Proof of Age Standards Scheme)
- a Blue Badge
- a biometric residence permit (BRP)
- a Defence Identity Card (MOD form 90)
- a national identity card issued by the EU, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
- a Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
- a Voter Authority Certificate
- an Anonymous Elector’s Document
You can also use one of the following travel passes as photo ID when you vote:
- an older person’s bus pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- a disabled person’s bus pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- an Oyster 60+ card
- a Freedom Pass
- a Scottish National Entitlement Card (NEC)
- a 60 and Over Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- a Disabled Person’s Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- a Northern Ireland concessionary travel pass
The photo on your ID must look like you. You can still use your ID even if it has expired.
If you do not have one of the listed forms of Photo ID you will be able to apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate.
A short video explanation in sign language can be found on YouTube.