What to do in case of an emergency

If you are the main source of support for someone, by completing a contingency plan, you can identify who to contact in case of an emergency if you are unable to provide care.

The contingency plan (also known as an emergency plan) is kept on record at the council and can be shared with the healthcare services with the record of the person being cared for.

Carers First can help you to put together a contingency plan.

Carers First contact details: 0300 303 1555

If you need support in case of an emergency please contact the Councils Emergency Line:

During working hours (9am to 5pm): 017022 15008

Out of hours Emergency Duty Team: 0345 606 1212

Contact Adult Social Care

Telephone: 01702 215008

Useful websites - carers

Go to top