School and College Transport Assistance

Replacing Lost Travel Passes

Replacing a Lost Rail Pass

While any request for a replacement rail or bus pass is being considered, you will be responsible for the costs of travel to and from school for your child, and these costs will not be reimbursed.

Greater Anglia

If your pass is lost or stolen, report it to the police and to the station where you travel from. If you or Greater Anglia cannot recover the lost or stolen ticket, they will consider an application for a replacement. Greater Anglia may ask you or others for information. There is an administration charge when Greater Anglia issue a duplicate Season Ticket.


If you lose your Season ticket, or it is stolen, report this immediately to the ticket office at the station you travel from. You should also report any theft to the police. If it cannot be recovered, an application for a duplicate will be considered. C2C may ask you or others for information, and there is an administration charge for a duplicate ticket. A second request made within a 12 month period is likely to be reviewed by the Revenue Team.

The above information is sourced from the train operators, any replacement pass is issued at their discretion, and any associated costs are entirely your responsibility.

Replacing a Lost Bus Pass


Contact the Southend Travel Centre on 01702 467684 to report the lost pass. You will be asked for the pass number and your child’s name. If it has been handed in, they may be able to return to you.

If this is not successful, you should then email, providing your child’s name, date of birth, pass number, details of when and how the pass was lost and confirming when the Travel Centre was contacted. Each request for a replacement will be considered and if approved, a replacement will be provided free of charge. No further requests for a replacement pass will be considered for the next 12 months after this replacement.

First Buses

If the pass is lost, firstly you should visit the Southend Travel Centre to find out if it has been handed in. If this is not successful, you should then call First Bus Travel Shop on 07976 702580 or email information about the pass (including details of the child it was issued to, the address it was sent to, when, where and how it was lost) to the First Group. Staff at First Bus will then deal with your enquiry, and respond to you directly.

At their discretion, First Bus will issue a replacement ticket upon payment of an administration fee. If a ticket is lost on more than one occasion, First Bus may offer a further replacement but it will be at their discretion and the full cost may be charged.

Contact Schools and Learning

Telephone: 01702 215007

Go to top
Feedback button
Feedback Button