To operate a mobile home, caravan or camping site, various permissions will be required. This may include permission from the owner or relevant council departments such as Planning.
In addition a Fire Risk Assessment must be carried out and approved by the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service. Once these have all these, you must get a licence from the local authority. This can be got from the Private Sector Housing team.
Private Sector Housing Team
Department for People
Southend-on-Sea City Council
When granted the licence may have conditions included which cover things such as:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for people to live in
- restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or rules around the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- ensuring steps are taken to improve the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
- ensuring that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained