Crematorium and Cemetery Memorials
Book of Remembrance
You can view the Book of Remembrance at the Crematorium.
The book is made up of several volumes and is hand-made throughout. Entries can include floral motifs, service or association badges or family crests and will be added in full colour.
The entries are recorded and displayed annually on the anniversary of the date of death or any other commemorative date or anniversary that you request.
Two pages per book are available to each day of the year, and the book is displayed open at the corresponding day, in a glass case.
Many people wish to have a copy of the entry as it appears in the Book of Remembrance.
This can be provided either on a memorial card or in a miniature reproduction of the Book of Remembrance. Please e-mail [email protected] for prices.
Families and friends can bring cut flowers in memory of loved ones and place them in the memorial chapel.
Vases and fresh water can be found in the room opposite the memorial chapel.
Flowers may be taken from the chapel to decorate other rooms in the crematorium. After a reasonable time they will be removed by crematorium staff.
Please note that no glass vases or potted plants are allowed in the building.
You can use our online form to arrange for an entry in the Book of Remembrance.
Entries must be received by the following dates prior to your chosen entry date.
- entry date September – December – entries to be received by 1st May
- entry date May – August – entries to be received by 1st January
- entry date January – April – entries to be received by 1st September
The prices for each type of entry are shown below.
Fees and charges for the Book of Remembrance
From 1 April 2020 (prices include VAT where applicable)
- Two line entry (including name of deceased) - £120.00
- Five line entry (including name of deceased) - £180.00
- Eight line entry (including name of deceased) - £250.00
- Five line entry (including name of deceased) with floral emblem - £310.00
- Eight line entry (including the name of the deceased), with a coat of arms - £430.00
Page last updated: 01/04/2020