The condition of roads is very important. We work to protect, maintain, and improve the highways through our improvement programme. This is done in line with the Highway Improvements Policy.
- all works will be carried to make sure the safety of users and have been chosen based on risk and condition for both carriageways and footways
- we work out the importance of our needs and start where the risk is highest
- where roads and pavements works are in the same location, we will look to combine the works to reduced disruption
- works may be revised based on a location site assessment. We will make sure that the works look at any other issues (e.g., safety, verge repair, poor signage, road markings) to be more efficient and make an overall improvement at the same time
- the priority list will be made available to show the locations and where they are in terms of the long-term plan
There is also a reserve list for this year and if all the initial works are completed, we will carry out further works from this list, if not they will be part of the works for the following year
A priority list detailing all roads will be made available to detail where each road sits in the long-term plan.
Details of our improvement for the coming year can be found on our Highways Investment Programme April 2022 to March 2023 page.
Previous improvement programmes: