Make A Payment
Make a Payment to us online 24/7!
You can make a secure payment to any of the services below using either a debit or credit card.
- Bulky Waste
- Business Rates
- Council Tax (Council Tax numbers start either with a 3,4 or 5)
- Parking Fine*
- Housing Benefit Overpayments
- Housing Rent
- Sundry Debtor Accounts
- Fixed Penalty Notice (Litter, Graffiti, Fly Posting, etc)
- Event on Council Land (Application Fee Only)
- Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Renewal Application
- Hackney Carriage/Private Hire New Driver Applicant
- Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Replacement Vehicle
- New Private Hire Vehicle
- Private Hire Vehicle Operators Licence Renewal
- Replacement Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Drivers Badge
- Replacement Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Plate
- Massage Licence – New
- Massage License – Renewal
- Personal Licence Application (Alcohol Only)
- Transfer a Premises Licence
- Vary a Designated Premises Supervisor
- Amendment to a Premises Licence
- Amendment to a Personal Licence (Alcohol Only)
- Duplicate of a Premises Licence
- Duplicate of a Personal Licence (Alcohol Only)
- Annual Fee for Licensed Premises Gaming Machine Permit
- Annual Fee for Club Gaming Permit
- Annual Fee for Bingo Premises Licence
- Annual Fee for Betting Premises Licence
- Annual Fee for Casino Premises Licence
- Fee for Animal Home Boarding Licence
- Renewal Fee for Animal Home Boarding Licence
- Lost Dog Release Fee
- Fee for Fireworks and Explosives Licence
- Annual Renewal Fee for Fireworks and Explosives Licence
- Section 50 Application
- Highway Licence
- Vehicular Crossing Application
*Please note that if you are a non-UK resident, you will need to pay your parking fine using our Automated Payment Service by calling 08702 406650. Calls are charged at the National Rate as charged by your telephone provider.
Calls to this number are charged at 1 pence per minute.
There may also be additional charges incurred by your own telephone provider.
Examples of payments to be made via the Sundry Debtors Accounts option include Ground Rents, Moorings, Allotments and Home Care Charges.
If you cannot make a payment online, you can also make a payment to us by phone or by post (cheque).
Your transaction is now taking place within a secure payment system. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a standard supported by most major Internet browsers. All of your personal and card details are protected using 128 bit encryption, when transmitted over the Internet.
Your card details are stored on a server behind a secure firewall. Only authorised personnel can access this information.
Terms and Conditions
Below are the terms and conditions that apply to all online payments made to Southend-on-Sea Borough Council.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:
- Your payment will take a minimum of 2 working days to reach your account. This includes time to verify your credit/debit card details with your credit/debit card supplier and for payment to be notified to the Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. If your payment is overdue and recovery action is about to be taken, you should contact the relevant department that issued the invoice or payment notice.
- We are unable to accept any liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to a customer quoting an incorrect account number.
- We can not accept liability if a payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier due to the customer quoting incorrect card details, or other reasons. If the credit/debit card supplier declines payment, the Council is under no obligation to bring this fact to the customer's attention. Customers should check with their bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from their account.
Confirmation of Payment
You will receive a confirmation of your payment on your screen after you make the online payment. If you have provided an email address, an email will be sent to you confirming the payment once your transaction has completed successfully.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Where we agree that a refund is due in respect of a payment made to us then:
- the credit/debit card used for the payment will be refunded
- and this will be done as soon as possible but within 14 days of the refund application being received and agreed by us.
If you have any queries regarding an overpayment on your account and think you may qualify for a refund, then please contact the relevant department quoting your receipt or reference number.
- The data (information) that you provide during this transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purpose and is not disclosed to a third party i.e. other companies or individuals unless required to do so by law for the prevention of crime and the detection of fraud. In line with the DPA we will only hold your data for as long as is required and will then be deleted in line with Council's Document Retention and Disposal Guidance.
For more information please see our Terms and Disclaimer page.
In no event will the Council, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.