The waste hierarchy
Whenever you have a clear out at work think about what could be reused or recycled.
- prevention - how might you avoid producing the waste your business generates in the first place?
- minimise the amount of waste you produce and reuse items where possible
- recycling - where waste cannot be reused, can it be recycled?
- if materials cannot be reused or recycled, might any other value be extracted from it?
- the final option, and the least favourable on the waste hierarchy, is disposal