The aim of this strategy is to set out our approach to tackling poverty.
It sets out a three-year action plan that includes short and medium-term actions.
This will address:
- the cost-of-living crisis
- current fuel insecurity and inflation
- long-term sustainable solutions
This supports the Southend 2050 vision for Opportunity and Prosperity.
Our 3 priorities aim to reduce and prevent poverty in Southend. To achieve this we will work together with local partners and residents.
- Priority 1: Tackling barriers to access support
- Priority 2: Enhancing people’s resilience
- Priority 3: Advocating for long-term change in Government policies
A full copy of the Tackling Poverty Strategy can be requested by email.