How to Apply for Transport Assistance
- fill in the relevant online form for Primary and Secondary or Post 16 and Sixth Form Travel
- for Denominational (Faith) Schools, download and complete a Denominational (Faith) School Transport Application Form. Your celebrant will also be required to complete this
- online applications can take up to ten working days to process, but during July to September may take longer. For assistance to be issued by 1st September an application should be made by 22nd July. After your application has been submitted, a confimation email (with reference number) will be sent to you. If you do not receive confirmation, it may be that your application was incomplete, and may need to be made again. Incomplete applications cannot be processed
- decisions are sent by email - please make sure you provide an accurate email address and remember to check your junk/spam box for a decision
Once confirmed that your child is eligible, we will email you with the following information:
- which pass has been agreed and how it will be issued to you
- if the award is to be a direct payment, the amount of the cost of the annual pass (or the cost of relevant tickets if less than a year) and where the pass can be purchased
For direct payments, we will also attach a form that should be completed with your nominated bank account details and returned to us. This will enable payment to be made for you to purchase of the relevant pass.
Please note that if a rail pass is issued we will provide this and futher details in a confirmation email.
Children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan should contact their EHCP Coordinator to discuss their transport needs or to obtain a Request for Travel Assistance form.