Primary School Admissions
If you have a child born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017, they are due to start school in September 2021
It is the responsibility of parents to apply for a school place at the correct times. You will not receive any letters from Southend-on-Sea Borough Council to inform you that you must apply for your child’s school place however, early years settings and general marketing is in place to ensure parents are alerted.
Primary School Admissions to reception and year 3 at an Infant, Junior or Primary School are received and processed for all schools in the borough by the School Admissions Team, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council for all residents in the borough. Admissions during the school year are called In-year admissions. Application forms and further details about in-year admission should be made by selecting 'in-year admissions' on this web site.
Primary School Admission 2020 (main round to years R and 3, all other applications are called 'in-year')
Primary School Admissions 2020/21
Primary School Admissions 2021/22
For applications to reception or transfer to year 3 for September 2021 parents/carers can apply between 14/9/2020 and 15/1/2021. The online and paper form will only be available during this period.
The Primary Admissions Booklet 2021/21 will be published here in September 2020.
- Primary School Admission Booklet 2020
- Erratum St Georges Catholic Primary page 42
- Primary School 2020 Information Poster
- Parents Guide to applying online for school admissions to Year R, Year 3, Year 7
- Year Group Table
- Online Application Form (only for admission to new year R in 2019, year 3 and year 7)
- Schools in the Borough
- SIF - Supplementary Information Forms
- Catchment Area Postcode Lookup Table
- Changes to the published catchment area - postcode look up table
Applications for this year group can be submitted online or in hardcopy anytime between 14 September 2019 and 15 January 2020.
Page last updated: 20/05/2020