Southend Council Trading Standards team are warning local businesses to be cautious when purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE) for their staff.
What we do
- protect consumers by monitoring the marketplace for dangerous, illicit and counterfeit products
- protect consumers by monitoring the marketplace for dangerous and illegal trading methods
- assist businesses and traders by providing advice and inspections
- facilitate licence applications (scrap metal, fireworks, petroleum)
- monitor metrology compliance (weights and measures)
- animal welfare licensing
- when necessary, pursue breaches of criminal legislation through the Courts
What we don’t do
- we do not respond directly to requests for consumer advice. The Government’s designated agency for all consumer enquiries is the Citizens Advice Consumer Service
- we do not mediate disputes between consumers and traders and we cannot seek redress for consumers. The Citizens Advice Consumer Service will give advice and assistance on how to resolve a dispute and to seek redress
- we will not pursue breaches of civil legislation. The Citizens Advice Consumer Service will offer advice on the possible actions that are available.
For all consumer and complaints, enquiries and advice, please call the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 04 05 06 or visit their website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer.
The list below contains more information for consumers and businesses on a popular list of subjects including how to report a complaint.
- Animal Feed Licensing
- Animal Welfare Licensing
- Business Advice
- Buy With Confidence Scheme
- Counterfeit & Illicit Goods
- Goods and Services Disputes
- Food Safety
- Loan Sharks
- Metrology (Weights & Measures)
- Personal and Premises Licences
- Product Safety
- Rogue Traders
- Scrap Metal Licensing
- Street Trading
- Underage Sales
Page last updated: 29/05/2020