Online access to Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit services

I need to report a change in my circumstances, a move or apply for benefit

Applications for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction can only be submitted through Citzens Access Benefits portal.

Go to the portal, this will open a new webpage with links to

  • make a new claim
  • report a change of address
  • view my claim and letters or report a change of circumstances.

To report a change of address use the link to open the application form.

To view your claim and letters or report a change of circumstances you will first need to link your current benefit claim. When you click on the link, you will be invited to request your citizen access benefits key, which will be sent to the email address registered to your benefits claim. For more instructions on how link your claim (if you have one) and use the functions in this page please see our detailed guide.

Please note if you wish to request Payment on two homes or ask for a Reconsideration of a decision on your claim, these forms can be found on the Citizens Access portal.

The Discretionary Housing Payment form can be found on our Citizens Access portal.

To register you will need to have an email address. If you do not have one or if you need help to get one please see the How to Set Up an Email Account page.

Go to top