How to use the Southend parking app
Once you have downloaded the app:
- if you have an existing MOBON account, you can log on with the same credentials as normal - you no longer need the old MOBON app
- if you do not have any existing MOBON account, you will need to 'Sign up for Southend Parking.' Follow the prompts to create an account.
Registering for Southend Pass
Once you have logged on to the app or created an account, you will then need to click on the Southend Pass button to subscribe for the Southend Pass.
A new screen will then appear.
- please read the terms and conditions and if you are happy, tick the box to accept them
- select your payment schedule. You can either pay monthly, or for 12 months up-front
- select the primary vehicle you want to use
- select payment card details
- select the 'Get Pass cost' button
- check your details and click OK to confirm they are correct. The payment will now be taken
If you have opted for one month, you will be charged every month on the same day, for 12 months.
You will get an email receipt to confirm subscription has been successful.
What to do each time you park
Once you have successfully subscribed to the app, you will have to activate a parking session every time you park your vehicle. This is done by going into your app, and selecting the desired location and how long you want to park for.
- log onto the app
- select 'New Parking Booking'
- type (and select) the location code or location name of your parking space (this applies to on-street and car park spaces)
- once you have entered these details a new box will appear which will show the location you've selected, how long you want to park for and instead of using your payment card - it will allow you to use Southend Pass to 'pay' for the parking
- please ensure that you have indicated how long you want to park for (between 1 hour and 3 hours)
- select the 'Get Parking Cost' button
- check the details shown on the screen are correct:
- make sure that it is the correct vehicle registration for the vehicle you are parking
- make sure that you have indicated how long you want to park for (between 1 hour and 3 hours)
- select OK to confirm