Secondary School Admissions
It is the responsibility of parents to apply for a school place at the correct times. You will not receive any letters from Southend-on-Sea Borough Council to inform you that you must apply for your child’s school place.
All transfers from year 6 to year 7 for residents living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea are received and processed by the School Admissions Team at Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. All in-year admissions for Secondary schools in the Borough are to be made directly to secondary schools.
Secondary School Admissions 2021/22
For applications to year 7 for September 2021 parents/carers can apply between 1/9/2020 and 31/10/2020. The online and paper form will only be available during this period.
- Secondary Admissions Booklet 2021/22
- Secondary School Reminder Flyer 2020
- Flyer for year 5 parents
- Secondary Admissions Booklet 2020/21
- Parents Guide to applying online for school admissions to Year R, Year 3, Year 7
- Secondary School Catchment map
- SS0-SS9 Defined Map
- Catchment area - Postcode look up table
- Online application form
- Paper Version Secondary Admission Application Form
- Schools in the Borough
- Year Table Group